Due to their popularity, many successful brands like Pandora are copied and there are websites operating that aren’t authorised retailers. To help you spot fake Pandora jewellery we’ve put together a few helpful tips and facts that you should be aware of.
How To Spot (and avoid buying) Fake Pandora Jewellery
1. Make sure that the website has an authorised Pandora retailer badge in clear sight. You will notice that ours is visible at the top right and bottom right of our website. We also have it on all of our Pandora product pages.
2. Always check that the website you're purchasing Pandora from has 'https' at the beginning of the link. If it only has 'http' it means it's not a secure site and may be selling fake Pandora, or be a scam site.
3. Double check the Pandora website to see their list of official online retailers in the UK.
4. On most Pandora jewellery you should see the ‘makers mark’, a stamp indicating the origin of the jewellery. On Pandora jewellery the maker's mark is ‘ALE’, which stands for Algot Enevoldsen - the father of the founder of Pandora, Per Enevoldsen. This stamp is visible on almost every piece of Pandora jewellery, except some of the smaller pieces. This information is backed up by Pandora on their ‘Identifying Authentic Pandora Products’ page.
Maker's Mark ALE, Logo PANDORA, Silver mark S925
Hallmarks are also stamped on Pandora products to indicate the metal’s purity and to guarantee that it is genuine. For example, on Pandora jewellery made of sterling silver, you will see S925 (92.5% pure silver).
*Please note that Pandora jewellery manufactured before June 2011 only contain numbers and not letters. And, some countries require specific jewellery stamps that Pandora must adhere to.
5. Pandora jewellery is not traded on Amazon and only a select few on eBay are authentic. We recommend you avoid using these sites.
We hope you found our guide on how to spot fake Pandora Jewellery useful. Here at The Jewel Hut we are official Pandora retailers so you can buy from us with confidence.
Shop official Pandora Jewellery at The Jewel Hut today.